E Cigarettes the Safer and Healthier Alternative to Smoking
Smokers smoke for nicotine, but when you smoke the burning of tobacco releases tar and toxins that poison the body, in most cases leading to premature death. Electronic cigarettes provided nicotine without the poisonous chemicals that come with smoking.
Major Diseases Caused by Smoking
The main cause of death attributed to smoking is Cardiovascular disease. This condition for smokers develops over many years as fat deposits and cholesterol harden the arteries causing them to narrow and eventually become blocked. Once this happens atherosclerosis follows and blood clots form
Cardiovascular disease does not just effect smokers, however smoking accelerates process of hardening, narrowing and eventually blockage. Smokers are up to four times more likely to be effected than people who have never smoked.
Cancer rates among smokers are not surprisingly far higher than those found in people who do not smoke. In fact mouth cancer, throat cancer and particularly lung cancer are almost entirley confined to smokers, with people who do not smoke hardly ever effected.
There is a clear unarguable link between smoking and cancer.
- Smoking is the cause of at least ninety percent of lung cancer cases.
- If no-one smoked, lung cancer would be a rare diagnosis - only 0.5 per cent of people who've never touched a cigarette develop lung cancer.
- One in five of smokers who smoke more than twenty cigarettes a day will die of lung cancer.
- One in ten of smokers who smoke around ten cigarettes a day will also die of lung cancer.
The likelihood of a smoker developing caner of the lungs is increased by both how long they have smoke and how many cigarettes they smoke. Smoking from an early age and inhaling deeply are also contributing factors.
Mouth cancer is four times more prevalent in smokers than in people who don't smoke. Mouth cancer can start on the tongue, lips or inside the mouth.
Chronic-Obstructive-Pulmonary-Disease a number of conditions often referred to as a group and known as COPD block airflow making breathing difficult and possibly painful, they include:
- Emphysema - breathlessness caused by damage to the air sacs within the lungs
- Chronic Bronchitis - coughing with a lot of mucus that continues for at least three months.
The most common cause of COPD and responsible for 80% of cases is smoking.
It's estimated that 94% of 20-a-day smokers have some emphysema when the lungs are examined after death, while more than 90% of non-smokers have little or none.
COPD typically starts between the ages of 35 and 45 when lung function starts to age leading to decline. With smokers, the lung function rate of decline can be three times the usual rate. Breathlessness increases with the continued decline in lung function.
Other Risks Caused by Smoking
- Smoking raises blood pressure - a risk factor for heart attacks and stroke.
- Couples who are non-smokers encounter far fewer fertility problems than couples who do smoke.
- Smoking counteracts asthma medication by worsening the inflammation of the airways that the medicine tries to ease.
- Smoking stains your teeth and gums.
- Smoking contributes to the development of mouth ulcers and leaves an acidic taste.
- Smoking also affects your looks: smokers have more wrinkles and paler skin. This is caused by smoking reducing the blood supply to the skin and lowering the levels of vitamin A.
Why are Electronic Cigarettes Better for Your Health?
Escape Vapourettes contain just 4 ingredients:
- Propylene Glycol
Nicotine is the reason people smoke it increases concentration, memory and alertness. It can make you feel better and even reduce pain.
Flavouring is used to create our distinctive and delicious tobacco, coffee, menthol, vanilla and fruit flavours.
Propylene Glycol is a colourless and odourless synthetic liquid that is used in thousands of food products including cakes and pastries, ice cream, soft drinks and sauces.
Water is just that, pure H2O.
When you use an Escape Vapourette the propylene glycol and water ingredients combine to produce the vapour that is inhaled and carries both the flavour and nicotine from the Vapourette to the user.
The health benefits of switching from tobacco cigarettes to electronic cigarettes are very similar to those of stopping smoking entirely. Below are just some of the general health benefits that Escape vapourette users have reported in testimonials on our website since they switched from tobacco cigarettes:
- Better Sleep
- Improved sense of smell and taste
- Reduced coughing and phlegm
- More energy and vitality
- Reduction in snoring
- Reduced pain in chest
- Improved mood and sense of well being
- Feeling of power and control
- Whiter teeth and fresher breath
Make a Difference With Escape Today
Make the switch to the safer and healthier alternative to smoking tobacco.
Browse the complete Escape range of Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits.